Richard of the Rings
January 17, 2025
Shea and I took a day and went back to the jewelers that did her ring to see if we could start pricing out Kaden's ring and see what he might like for his wedding band. As we walked into Forge Jewelers we could tell that it was super busy. It appeared that every single one of their employees was busy helping someone so we just wandered around and looked while we waited. After we had waited about 10 minutes, one of the actual jewelry forgers/technicians/designers (I'm not sure what you call them) must have decided to help us out so he came out from behind his tools and asked us what he could help us with.
We mentioned that we had come back in because my daughter had just gotten engaged and her ring had been created there at the shop at which point, the guy told us that he remembers her ring because he worked on it. How cool is that?!
We continued to talk to him and asked him our questions and he gave us some pricing and as we were finishing up, he told us to give him our rings because he'd go back and clean them for us. Shea's face was a little shocked because she'd only gotten her ring 3 days earlier and she didn't really think it needed cleaned because it was still sparkling. She handed it over anyway as did I.
When he came back, he handed us back two extremely sparkly rings (Shea's included - she wondered all afternoon how he got it that clean) and then asked me where I had gotten my ring. I told him that 27 (almost 28) we had purchased the ring from Sierra West Jewelers in Provo. He said, "I think I worked on your ring too. I remember it." WHAT?!
So, we had to get a picture with our new friend, and personal jeweler, Richard. What a weird coincidence and small world we live in when you and your daughter can share a jeweler 27 years apart. And yes, my hands are looking quite old no matter how much I moisturize.
Comments