We Are Family

January 4, 2025

It was a very last minute decision to go to the reception of my cousin's daughter but I'm so glad that I decided to go.  Not only was it beautiful and fun to see how they decorated and what they did (since I was anticipating a wedding as well) but more of my family was there than I thought would be there.  I got to see most of my Texas cousins as well as some family that I haven't seen in a while even though they live fairly close. 

It's moments like these that I am reminded of how blessed I am to have the family that I have.  We're all born into families and I'm not sure if we got to choose in the pre-mortal life or not but, if I were able to choose, I honestly could not have chosen more wisely than what I have been blessed with in this life.  Not just immediate family but extended family as well.  Through all the ups and downs, the highs and lows, the joys and disappointments, this family is there for each other.  And no matter how far apart we are for most of the time, when we get together, we are always reminded of how much we enjoy being with each other. I love them all.


 

Comments

Popular Posts