Wedding Bells are Ringing
January 13, 2025
The blessed day arrived! We have been waiting for Shea to be officially engaged for months now but the timing was right for January 13, 2025. I know that Kaden had been working on getting the ring for over a month and, quite possibly, had intended to propose before Christmas. But, the ring took longer than he could have anticipated. The sweet boy even invited me to go to the jeweler's when he did the final approval on the mold (he designed the ring) prior to the ring being created. It was so sweet that he invited me to be there. I felt very blessed.
Kaden knew all of Shea's hopes for the engagment - just the two of them and no public displays. He was very considerate of her hopes and had planned out the entire evening. He was able to get the ring a week earlier than anticipated and he decided to propose just two days after he got the ring. We were all anxious for him to do so.
Let me backtrack a minute...Kaden secretly took Kelly out for lunch one Saturday to ask for permission to marry Shea. Shea had no idea that he'd already done it because she kept asking us if he had talked to Kelly yet. We all just kept our mouths shut and apparently we did a decent job of it.
Back to the proposal...the plan was for Kaden's family to set the scene up American Fork Canyon, Kaden would take her out to dinner and then make his way towards the canyon and then I was supposed to wait until they'd been up there about 10 minutes and then follow so that someone could take some pictures of them on the evening of their engagement.
I went up with Raquel, Kayla and JP to help them with setting everything up as well as trying to test the camera and make sure that I could get some good images which is super hard to do at night without using a flash. It was fun to be up there and participate in some of the excitement of what was going to happen.
Once we had set up the little picnic area, I headed back down to the mouth of the canyon because I didn't get any reception up there and I had no clue when I should follow them. I was able to monitor their progress once I got reception again and I ducked down in the car right as they passed me. I gave it a couple minutes and then headed up slowly so that I could get up there as soon as they were done. What they weren't aware of was that it was only 27 degrees up the canyon that night and I knew neither of them had a coat so I wanted to get up there quickly and take their photos so that they could get warm again. Little did I know that they weren't cold at all, just excited.
It was beautiful to see them both so happy and so excited. They actually let me see them kiss which I hadn't done up to that point. Now, it's on to planning a wedding which will take place on Tuesday, May 13th. More to come!
Comments